Test Taking Tips for Parents
- Monitor your child's homework, progress reports, and report cards. This will help make sure your child is prepared for the test.
- Stay in contact with your child's teacher if you are concerned about his grades. Helping your child achieve his potential is a team effort--the student, the teacher, and the parent. You are an important part of the team.
- Encourage your child to do well but don't pressure him. It is important for your child to stay relaxed for the test.
- Keep a positive attitude about test.
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep on the night before the test.
- Ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast the day of the tests.
- Make sure that your child gets up early enough so that he/she will be on time to school and not feel rushed.
- Encourage your child. Let him know that you believe in him.